EXTENDING THE MESSAGE OF
“PEACE THROUGH FORGIVENESS”
Hello, Friends of A Course in Miracles:
Our School for A Course in Miracles was founded in 2007 as School of Reason. The name was later changed to School for A Course in Miracles as it more accurately expresses what we are about. The school is the teaching order of the Ark of Peace, a 501(c)3 non-profit, established in 1990 for the purpose of sharing the Course’s teachings of “peace through forgiveness”.
Here are some of the accomplishments in our first 10 years.
- An outstanding website www.sfacim.org. As you visit it you will see a beautiful, well-organized site, filled with extensive written, audio and video materials on the Course. Updated daily, you can always find current events and classes.
- 100’s of classes, numerous workshops and retreats, and five 6-month long Course Immersions in the study and application of Course principles.
- A prolific Ken Wapnick Library, which has provided local Denver Course students with thousands of hours of listening to renown scholar Dr. Kenneth Wapnick as he illuminates the teachings of ACIM.
- Weekly on-line classes offered through our new technology – Zoom Online Classrooms.
- Mentoring sessions – a choice of 30 or 60 minutes – for those times when you feel stuck and can’t see a way out.
- New technology that is expanding our access to students anywhere in the world. Course Immersion 2017 was attended by students in-person and online in Colorado, Wisconsin, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. The good news is that the technology has not impaired but broadened our School’s teaching/learning process.
- The transformation of students into teachers of God, defined by the Course as those who understand and demonstrate the practice of forgiveness and share Jesus’ aim of healing the mind.
- Four faculty members with over 120 years of combined education and application of Course teachings illuminated by thousands of hours studying with Course scholar, Kenneth Wapnick, Phd. Our teaching is consistent, focused and simple, imbued with certainty and conviction that it works. The benefits to students is accelerated learning and experience.
In addition we offer the following education, free of charge:
- Comprehensive four to six week class series with in-depth exploration of many Course topics… at the Rocky Mountain Miracle Center during the RMMC’s regular Sunday Gatherings.
- Monthly Introductions to A Course in Miracles at the RMMC in-person, and online.
- On-line Thurs. morning “Course & Coffee Chats”
It appears to be a good time for us to think about extending the message of A Course in Miracles. The message is very simple: “God’s Son is guiltless.” To learn and experience the truth of this statement we must teach (demonstrate) it. And to teach it we must learn to forgive. Forgiveness is the way to peace.
From Jesus and his Course, and from Ken Wapnick (scholar, teacher and true helper) and his teachings on the Course, the facilitators of SFACIM have received an outstanding education. Now we are being nudged to expand our reach and make this same education more available to earnest students wherever they may be. Coincidentally, there is nothing we as Course facilitators would rather do than carry this message.
Moving forward, we want to build a firmer financial foundation on which to operate Jesus’ and Ken’s, yours and ours, and ultimately everyone’s school. We hope to move forward with the assurance that we can do so with minimum financial concern. Furthermore, we want there to be champions of the idea of “peace through forgiveness” in this world for as long as it is needed.
As a student, or someone who has been affected by A Course in Miracles, perhaps we speak for you as well. If so please join, help, or support the School for ACIM in any way you feel moved.
Click here to find out how you can help…
Director of School for A Course in Miracles