“Humility will never ask that you remain content with littleness. But it does require that you be not content with less than greatness that comes not of you.”
– A Course in Miracles, Text, p. 381
Here are some suggestions to get over yourself:
1. Do not compare yourself to anyone else because there is no one else. Your talents and skills are best used in serving others. These two statements– serve others and there is no one else– appear contradictory until you realize you presently appear in many pieces (bodies). Serve all and know The Self.
“Don’t worry about anyone else. It’s all you.”
2. Don’t use your talents and skills to hold others hostage to a personal self. Use your talents and skills for the good of all and make sure those who come to you are encouraged to do this same.
3. Have no expectations. If others recognize your contributions, so be it. If others do not recognize your contributions, so be it.
4. The less you compete the more desirable you become. Give attention and admiration to others instead of looking for it for yourself. Competition does not evolve into mighty companionship.
5. Resign as your own teacher and admit that you have failed to come up with a design for your life that works. You are not in charge of what you mistakenly call “your life”. Admit that you are in over your head and don’t know how to get out. Relax and learn that you are already out.
6. Commit to work that has nothing to do with your personal gain or advancement. Working with others toward common goals that transcend special interests reveals your grandeur. Grandeur is of God.
7. Discover who you by not adjusting yourself to meet others needs. Let beingness reveal itself to you. This Pearl Worth Any Price is what is wanted and needed first and foremost. Any action that comes from here will be truly helpful.
“I thought the problem for me was you. Then I realized the problem for me was me. The next thing I knew I was free.”
8. Take frequent short breaks and remember to breathe.
9. Take time to connect with people. It doesn’t need to be a spectacular event. The reason to connect is to express appreciation. An earnest smile at seeing yourself will do.
10. Stop trying to get somewhere. It’s a waste of time. You are already whole and complete.